Category: Ideas & Inspiration
You don’t have to be an avid golfer to consider having a golf course wedding—especially in Central Texas, where scenic views are common and the driving range is anything but flat and uninspiring. From the lush landscape to the phenomenal services provided by golf clubs, here are four reasons you should consider celebrating your big day on a golf course.
- Beautiful scenery: If you picture your dream wedding out in the open, schedule a day to visit a golf course as a potential venue. Ashton LaFuente, who got married in May 2014 on the driving range at the Wolfdancer Golf Club at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, said she originally didn’t want to get married on a golf course—but she immediately changed her mind when she saw the site. “What I loved about it right off the bat was the wide open space and the view,” she said. “When we went and looked at it, it was just very airy and spacey and beautiful. Everybody loved the space. The sheer beauty of the driving range outweighed everything else.”
- Exclusive atmosphere: At most golf clubs, your wedding will most likely be the only private event held that day, making it a truly exclusive experience. For other locations, such as courses that are part of resorts, onsite wedding specialists will coordinate all the details so that it feels like yours is the only event—even if there’s another wedding, meeting or reunion happening somewhere else on the property.
- Thorough approach to details: You get more bang for your buck with the comprehensive services provided by a club or resort, from onsite catering to your very own wedding coordinator to help you plan all the details, big and small. Many clubs and resorts also have partnerships with local vendors, so you can stress less about figuring out where to go for your flowers, caterers, cakes and rentals. (For information about resources in the area, visit our Lost in Love Weddings Venues & Vendors page.)
- Easy, breezy logistics: Rather than fret about where your guests will park, let the club take care of it for you. Venues often provide valet parking to you and your guests as well as transportation (by golf cart, of course) to the ceremony site on the putting greens. Also, if you choose a location with adjacency to a resort or with accommodations, commuting may become a matter of footsteps.
If your heart is set on getting hitched in the middle of Texas, consider these scenic venues in the Lost Pines Region as you begin your search:
- Wolfdancer Golf Club: Located at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa, this course is surrounded by Texas wildlife, giving the illusion that you’re in the middle of nowhere when you’re really only miles away from the big city. Couples can exchange their “I dos” on the driving range or at the 12th hole. The resort offers special wedding services that include a coordinator, menu customization and catering, a discounted rate on rounds for guests and a complimentary guestroom for the bride and groom on their wedding night.
- ColoVista Golf Club: Right above the Colorado River is a variety of indoor and outdoor venues perfect for a wedding at ColoVista. The club’s 16,000-square-foot mansion is part of the package, plus accommodation at the cottages if you or your guests want to stay on the property. The staff at ColoVista will help you coordinate the details of your ceremony and reception too.